SCUBA Diving & Conservation
Want to learn the basics of marine conservation whilst learning to dive in the Philippines? This 14-day course (or more...) allows you to combine learning to dive while taking part in our unique marine conservation modules. This course allows anyone to quickly advance their learning in important topics critical for wanting to get involved in marine conservation.
PADI Open Water, PADI Advanced Open Water, PADI Rescue Course (incl. EFR) or SCUBA Diving only
What will I be doing?
Joining others in the classroom who are taking part in the more comprehensive 8 week Zoox Experience Programme, you will have a set agenda over a 2 week period that will be a mixture of roughly 5 days in the classroom with the other days learning to dive on nearby coral reefs. Based at our training centre in the Philippines we will help organise everything from your accommodation, your diver training / diving, arrange a trusted driver to pick you up from the airport and include all your meals.
All you have to do is absorb the information from the modules and learn as much as you can from like-minded individuals and our staff.
Those already trained to dive will learn some additional information and skills to help reduce your impact on the marine environment whilst combining this with new information on the bigger picture in marine conservation with topics from international conservation organisations, their work and approaches and government commitments and targets. There might even be the chance for you to get involved in local conservation efforts both under and above the water.
- Airport pick-up and drop-off
- Approx 5 classroom days learning our modules (Global Marine Conservation, Marine Conservation and Diving, Marine Monitoring, Blue Carbon, Shark Conservation)
- 3 daily meals and snacks
- Free water, tea and coffee
- Accommodation - Comfortable bed in a newly built traditional house sharing with 5 others
- WiFi access
- Zoox T-shirt
- All PADI course materials
- If you are already qualified then two dives a day
- Diving certification card
- All diving equipment
- Free use of snorkelling gear
What's not included?
- Airport tax on departure (550 pesos)
- Travel Insurance
- Alcohol (sorry!)
All courses are in the Philippines.
If you would like to stay for longer then we can arrange this and give you a quote. Simply e-mail us today.
- Alcohol (sorry!)