Why Choose the ZEP?
The Zoox Experience Programme is designed for students, postgraduates and those with previous experience in the sector, to gain well-rounded practical experience. You don’t have to have a background in marine science and we welcome those with little to no experience, but you will need heaps of passion and enthusiasm.
There is no other organisation that provides the opportunities, professional career development and amount of knowledge in marine conservation than us. We are leading the charge in supporting individuals to move up in their career while making a difference in conservation from meaningful projects with real results.
The ZEP will help you gain experience in the following:
- Marine Conservation
- Marine Biology and Ecology
- Marine Monitoring Methods
- The Marine / Sustainable Tourism Sector
- Intergovernmental Departments
- Transboundary Environmental Problems
- Scuba Diving and the Environment
In addition, you will develop valuable skills in:
- Project and Financial Management
- Project Planning and Monitoring
- Environmental Consultation
- International Development
- Diving and Snorkelling Skills
- Report Writing
- Understanding of International Environmental Policy Processes
- Database Management
- Understanding of Global Marine Conservation Funding
- Training and Teaching Skills
- Presenting to Diverse Audiences in a Variety of Locations
- Developing Interpersonal Communication Skills
- Knowledge of Conservation in Developing Nations Political Systems
- Travel and Personal Security
Volunteers will be trained by Zoox in a variety of skills including the full Zoox modules and will be provided with a range of tools enabling them to work alongside governmental departments, NGOs and other associated organisations for marine conservation impact.